USBasp Atmel Programmer
USBasp is a USB in-circuit programmer for Atmel AVR controllers. It simply consists of an ATMega88 or an ATMega8 and a couple of passive components. The programmer uses a firmware-only USB driver, no special USB controller is needed.
● Works under multiple platforms. Linux, Mac OS X and Windows are tested.
● No special controllers or smd components are needed.
● Programming speed is up to 5kBytes/sec.
● SCK option to support targets with low clock speed (< 1,5MHz).
● Planned: serial interface to target (e.g. for debugging).
C1 4,7u RAD 4,7/35
C2 100n X7R-5 100N
C3, C4 22p KERKO 22P
D1, D2 3V6 zener ZF 3,6
CON1 USB-B USB BW
CON2 10pol WSL 10W
IC1 ATmega8-16 ATMEGA 8-16
JP1, JP2 2pol 2,54mm SL 1X36G 2,54
LED1 3mm LED green LED 3MM 2MA GN
LED2 3mm LED red LED 3MM 2MA RT
Q1 12Mhz 12,0000-HC49U-S
R1, R2 68 1/4W 68
R3 2,2k 1/4W 2,2k
R4, R5, R6, R7 270 1/4W 270
R8 10k 1/4W 10k
R9, R10 1k 1/4W 1k
M1, M2 Jumper JUMPER 2,54GL SW
M3 Socket 28S GS 28-S
M4 Case TEKO 10007
After assembling component you need to upload the USBAsp firmware using a programmer on Atmega8A which can be downloaded from the link below. If your PC has a COM port tThe option for powering the target from programmer and slow SCK(F_CPU <=1MHZ) can be selected by 2PIN DIP switch.The option for powering the target from programmer and slow SCK(F_CPU <=1MHZ) can be selected by 2PIN DIP switch.hen you can make a very simple serial programmer like PonyProg 2000
The option for powering the target from programmer and slow SCK(F_CPU <=1MHZ) can be selected by 2PIN DIP switch.
The single layer PCB of this programmer can made either using toner transfer method or screen print method. Print the design file with a lesser printer with 100% scale.
● AVRDUDE supports USBasp since version 5.2.
● BASCOM-AVR supports USBasp since version 18.104.22.168.
● Khazama AVR Programmer is a Windows XP/Vista GUI application for USBasp and avrdude.
● eXtreme Burner – AVR is a Windows GUI Software for USBasp based USB AVR programmers.