Pulsed metal detector White SurfPI Pro, which is used for underwater search by professional. Fully sealed to a depth of 30 m. Successfully working in sea water and on highly mineralized soil. Metal detector White Surfpi is also well suited for ground search in wet sand. It has a custom sound threshold to achieve the greatest depth of search in any conditions. There is no effective discrimination of ferrous objects.
1- 12 x 6″ Dual coil design that offers superb sensitivity on all targets
2- Adjustable Pulse Delay reduces black sand “noise.”
3- Quiet beaches – more targets
4- Exceptional depth on coins and jewelry, especially in saltwater and mineralized ground
5- Enhanced sensitivity to gold jewelry at maximum depths
6- Gain control adjusts for any particular beach conditions
7- Quick Target Recovery so you hear good targets even mixed in with junk
8- Tuner Control adjusts the threshold tone and checks battery strength
9- Automatic Ground Rejection10- Near-neutral loop buoyancy
11- Power Supply: 8 AA batteries for up to 25 hours of hunting
12- Headphones are hardwired into the unit, not removable
SurfPI Pro Schematic
SurfPI Pro partlist
C1 22 nF [Stacked polyester film (+/-5%)]
C2 1000 uF electrolytic 25 volts
R1 100k [metal film 1%]
R2 5k (trimmer) set at 3.3k
- All resistors 1/4 watt +/-5% unless noted otherwise
- Capacitors with values greater than 1uF are aluminium electrolytics (+80%, -20%)
- Capacitors with values less than 1uF are polyester film type (+/-10%)
- Nominal capacitor range of 0.001-0.39uF = polyester film.
- Nominal capacitor range of 0.047-1uF = stacked polyester film.
- ST = Stacked polyester (Panasonic “V” series) +/-5%.
- Simple mod: If TIP32C (Q2) gets excessively hot, use an IRF9640 MOSFET instead. Experiment with different values for R6 to find the optimal value (I use a 390 ohm resistor). Temporarily substitute R6 for a trim potentiometer (470Ω or 1kΩ) to find the optimal dumping resistor for your coil.
Surf PI Pro PCBs
Many PCBs have been developed for the metal detector Surf Pi,
This is a PCB of the version 1.2 of Surf PI metal detector based on two sides PCB
Toner Transfer PCB methodThis second version of the PCB version 1.2 is modified for one side PCB for home manufacturing.
The next PCB is based on the original version of the Surf PI metal detector with some arrangement of components. This version (Surf PI XX) is more discussed in forums.
Its easy to assemble even for beginners. If you avoid making mistakes during assembly, it works right directly. The narrow version of the board allows you to use an empty tube from building sealants or a piece of 50mm sewer plastic pipe as the body. Such an apparatus is compact and airtight. Well suited for beach and underwater searches.g